At Aspire, we have separate accounts for you to receive transfers locally, and internationally:
- Please use your SGD Local 12-digit virtual account details starting with "885215" to receive funds only from local sending banks
- Global banks may also have a Singapore entity, so it is important to understand where the sending bank is located.
- You can determine if a sending bank is locally based in Singapore by the SWIFT/BIC code. If it contains "SG", it is located in Singapore (e.g. DBSSSGSGXXX, CITISGSG XXX, CHASSGSG XXX)
- Please use your SGD SWIFT virtual account details starting with "GB" to receive funds from sending banks located internationally/outside of Singapore.
- Local banks may also have foreign entities, so it is important to understand where the sending bank is located.
- You can determine if a sending bank is based outside of Singapore by the SWIFT/BIC code. If it does not contain "SG", it is located outside of Singapore (e.g. DHBKHKHH, CITIIE2XXXX, CHASCHGX, BOFAAUSX, ANZBAU3MXXX)
Note: Aspire will block cross-border/international transfers from landing in your 12-digit virtual account. We will return your cross-border transfers back to the sender (with fees deducted from the returned amount).
If you happen to receive a cross-border/international transfer, please refrain from using the funds as these funds will need to be returned.
Aspire will reach out to you for any insufficient balances if we only manage to do a partial return.
Your account may temporarily be suspended if multiple international transfers are received in your local SGD account.
Questions? Please let us know here or chat with us during business hours (Mon - Fri, 9AM - 5.30PM SGT) by clicking on the green chat bubble on the lower right-hand side.