You would have to use your SGD SWIFT Account details to receive funds from abroad. If you do not have a SGD SWIFT Account activated yet, you can request for one as per "How do I activate my SGD SWIFT Account". Additionally, you will need to take note of the following information:
- Any funds received in this account would be automatically converted to SGD and deposited in your Aspire SGD account after fee deduction. Please refer to "What is the rate for incoming SWIFT transfers?" for information on fees for incoming SWIFT transfers.
- There is a difference between your SGD SWIFT Account and your SGD Local Account. Please do not provide your SGD Local Account details if you are expecting an international transfer. Direct international telegraphic transfers to your SGD Local Aspire account starting with 885065 is not yet accepted
- You can receive funds from most countries listed in Which countries can I receive payments from?. Furthermore, please refer to What currencies can I receive from overseas? to view all supported currencies.
If you are using an FX service provider
You may like to consider whether you should be entering your SGD local payment details or SGD SWIFT payment details, as the fees may vary depending on each option.
Some FX providers like Wise pay out SGD locally i.e. they make a local transfer to your account instead of making an international transfer. For such providers, you would save on fees by receiving the money directly into your Aspire SGD account via your local account details. If you’re unsure, we would advise that you check with your provider on this.
If you would like to receive funds from the UK, you have two options to receive funds:
- They can send you a SWIFT transfer (works for all supported currencies)
- They can send you a transfer using local payment methods (works for GBP only)
If your sender is sending funds via local payment methods (GBP only), the sender would ask you for a Sort Code and an account number. These are a part of your Account number/IBAN.
- For example, your Account number/IBAN is GB68TCCL11111122222222:
- Account number is the last 8 digits, i.e. 22222222 in the above example.
- Sort code is the 6 digits after “TCCL”, i.e. 111111 in the above example.
Questions? If there is any specific question you would like more details about, please let us know here or call us at +65 3165 1500 during business hours (Mon - Fri, 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM SGT).