The documents required to open an Aspire account depend upon the complexity of your organisation.
Note: We require specific documents for entities in:
- Singapore (English Version & 中文版)
- Indonesia (English Version & Bahasa Version)
General documents required to international businesses
Companies rarely need more than the documents mentioned below. Do take note that documents must be:
- less than 6 months old (except for ID)
- Not expired
- Be in languages accepted by Aspire (English, or other accepted languages)
- All users need to submit their Passports to protect themselves against impersonation & identity theft.
- The picture must be clear and in colour. Driving licenses are not accepted.
- Proof of Address is required if the submitted ID does not show your address. Accepted documents should be any legal documents issued by a third party: utility bills, phone bills, bank statements, rental agreements, or contracts.
- All users must do an in-app selfie during sign-up to show their face to protect themselves against impersonation & identity theft. If you provide the selfie by email, it should show you holding your ID and a white paper with the word 'Aspire' written on it.
- The selfie must be clear and in colour.
3. BUSINESS CONSTITUTION
- This applies to all businesses except Partnerships and Sole Proprietorships.
4. ACCOUNT OPENING LETTER
- This applies to all businesses to protect businesses from account openings done by non-authorised users.
- Click here to fill out the Account Opening Letter Template and ask 1 Director of the company to sign it. Director's signature must match the signature shown on the submitted ID. If a non-director opens the account, the document must show his/her details in the dedicated section of that document as well.
5. ID OF DIRECTORS & ULTIMATE BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP/S (UBOs) WITH MORE THAN 10% SHARES
- This applies to all businesses to determine the identity of your company's key stakeholders and comply with international regulations.
- Accepted IDs are National IDs or Passports. The picture must be clear and in colour. Driving licenses are not accepted.
6. SHAREHOLDING OF CORPORATE SHAREHOLDERS
- This applies to businesses with corporate shareholders that hold > 25% of shares in your business.
- Document must not be older than 3 months and it should show the name, identification number, address, and percentage (%) or number (#) of shareholding of each shareholder.
- Accepted Documents are as follows: Certificate of shareholding, Audited financial report, or Certified True Copy of shareholding.
What is a Certified True Copy? They are copies certified via wet ink signature by a Solicitor, Lawyer, Notary Public or a Certified Public or Professional Accountant. Please note that we do not need the original document. Pictures or scans are accepted.
- Applies to businesses from industries that typically require a license to operate (example: alcohol, pharmaceuticals, financial services, cryptocurrency, and marketplaces)
- License must show the license number, business name, and licensing authority. If your license number is published online, the license number is enough.
Aspire only accepts documents in the languages below. For documents in other languages, we accept certified translations.
Questions? Please let us know here or chat with us during business hours (Mon - Fri, 9AM - 5.30PM SGT) by clicking on the green chat bubble on the lower right-hand side.