You can now edit and create your own unique categories in your Aspire Account
Creating your own unique categories to your business is important to keep your business organised. Categories are used for your own internal reporting. Think transfers, budgets, cards, claims and tracking bills.
Category Management can only be edited by Admin or Finance users.
To create a new category, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Aspire Account
- Go down and click on Settings under the ⚙️ at the top of your Account
- Select Categories. Your "Manage Categories" dashboard will now appear
- You can then select ➕ New category on the top right hand side to create a new category. Here you can set the category name, select and icon and colour
- Once complete click on Add new category
This category is now available when you select categories for transfers, budgets, cards and claims.
To Edit a category, follow the steps below:
- Head to your category dashboard
- Click on the category you want to edit (note you can only edit "active" categories)
- Scroll down and click on Edit
- You can edit, the Category name, Icon and Colour
- Once done, click on save changes
The changes will be reflected instantly.
You can also filter your category dashboard to show inactive and active categories, plus default and custom. Default being what Aspire has for set for every account, and custom, being the ones your have created.
How does auto-categorisation work on Aspire cards?
For Aspire cards, you can set the category as Automatic and let Aspire categorise each transaction. We do this by using the transaction information shared with us by the card network
Watch our video below for more on category management:
Questions? Please let us know here or chat with us during business hours (Mon - Fri, 9.30 AM - 6:30 PM SGT) by clicking on the green chat bubble on the lower right-hand side.